Friday 19 June 2009

What's new in my world today? Some rather sad news was received in the Wager household today. A fine Beech tree that grows in my back garden is having to be felled. The local birds will be disappointed as will the bat population that visit it at dusk in the summer months to feed on the myriad of insects that buzz around it. I am very sad that a mature tree has to be chopped down because it has literally outgrown it's surroundings and is now causing imminent danger to the park opposite. I have to admit it is leaning at a strange angle for a tree and a decent storm could see it uproot itself. The tree man is coming next week - I will keep you posted with my tree saga!
On a more serious note - please take the time to fill in the Welsh Assembly Government's consultation doc and write a letter voicing your support for the Opt Out System for Organ Transplantation. The documents are available to download from the Welsh Assembly Web page or from the Kidney Wales website. If you want any more information on the Opt Out System or how you can support Organ Transplantation please email me on mel@kidneywales.com

No comments: