Monday 17 September 2007

Hi there,
Not such a good couple of days, I felt really tired and everything was such a effort. Someone once asked me to describe what it felt like when I had a bad day. When I had my transplant a bad day would have meant sleeping late, getting stuck in traffic or burning my dinner. When you are a dialysis patient having a bad day can take on a whole new meaning; from feeling listless to being nauseous and not feeling like eating anything. Then at other times feeling exhausted and not even being able to make yourself a cup of tea.
To cap it all last night during dialysis a large blood clot formed in one of the machine's tubes and I had to come of the machine an hour early so I didn't get a good dialysis session which means I'll have to have a really good session Tuesday evening to hopefully get me back to my correct weight and feeling better.
I don't like myself at times like this because I think I look and sound miserable and moaning. Oh well as she said in the movie - after all tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Ryder Wave said...

Great Blog Melanie. Keep it going.

Melanie spoke brilliantly in probing the Health Minister Edwina Hart AM on the 5th of September 2007 in Swansea at the Kidney Wales Patients Forum with her husband Nick.

Roy J Thomas
Kidney Wales Foundation
Support the Campaign with Melanie and Allison

e mail allison@kidneywales.com