Saturday 29 September 2007

It was a dialysis day yesterday and I felt really washed out afterwards and went to bed by 8.30pm. Unusually I slept 12 hours straight. This is highly unusual for me as I am one of life's insomniacs.
With Nick going away for such a long time I have been lucky enough to have friends who are willing to learn how to put my needles in and work the dialysis machine. Hopefully I will not have to go into the hospital for my dialysis and stay as a home haemo patient until Nick comes back and takes over again. Yesterday our first volunteer came and put in one of the needles for her first time (she is a nurse so has had lots of experience). It went really well and she was brilliant so I have complete confidence in her.
I don't feel very well today. It is difficult to describe how I feel on a day like this; I just don't feel well. No energy and the thought of eating ... It is days like this that I have to force myself to eat something so I don't loose too much weight. Oh well I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

No comments: