Friday 21 September 2007

It's a dialysis night tonight so I thought I'd try to type my diary with just one hand! It isn't all that easy and might take me much longer to post my blog.

Yesterday's launch meeting was fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of AM's and civil servants that attended the launch. There was cross party representation which is the most important thing. I believe it is vital that the PLUS campaign is political in it's aims and objectives but it should never become a party political issue - many people may disagree with me and I welcome any comments and discussion on this subject.

Once again I was impressed with Edwina Hart's positive reaction to the issues that were put before her. When asked a direct question she gives a direct and honest answer. You are left with the impression of her being a formidable woman and it is a pleasure to meet a lady who is so passionate and dedicated to her role within the Welsh Assembly.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to all those people who have backed the PLUS campaign in their official capacity and to remind anyone who has not yet signed up to DO IT. Particularly patients - even those who aren't feeling well at the moment (you may not be able to do the walk for life or the 10K race) but everyone can pick up a pen and get lobbying.

No comments: