Sunday 30 September 2007

I can't sleep! It is infuriating. I have talked to other renal patients and a significant amount of them said they had disturbed sleep patterns. Mind you I have been an insomniac for years -probably as many as I have been a renal patient but remembering that far back is difficult :) lol.
The not being able to sleep doesn't necessarily bother me as I can always find something to do, read or watch on telly - believe you me with the number of Open University programmes I have watched over the years I should have earned degrees in subjects ranging from Art History to Quantum Physics (although I have a sneaking suspicion I would have failed that one!). It is often amazing what you can learn from late night/early morning telly.
Most commonly these days I knit; at the moment I am attempting my first ever pair of socks much to the amusement of Nick who asked why I didn't buy a pair for £1 in Primark. MEN! They just don't appreciate the feeling of satisfaction that I will achieve on completing my socks (probably by 2010!!!) and every time I wear them I will be able to wear them with pride. If there is anyone out there with similar projects or just loves knitting feel free to join in as next to the time spent on the dialysis machine knitting takes up the majority of my free time.

No comments: