Tuesday 25 September 2007

It should be dialysis tonight but Nick is away with work and so I have had to take two days between sessions (just like the weekend for hospital based patients). It might be something I have to get used to as Nick is going away for 4 months in November.
I am not looking forward to him going away; he will be away for Christmas, New Year and my birthday. This would be bad enough but I won't only be losing my husband for 4 months I am also losing my carer. It is a scary thought that I will have to manage without him. People like Nick provide hours of unpaid care every day.
I am lucky enough to live close to my family and when I need extra help they are always there to support and assist. I know that I am extremely fortunate to have such supportive family and friends around me and my life would be poorer without them.

No comments: